S.M. Entertainment (Hangul: SM엔터테인먼트, SM stands for Star Museum) is a South Korean entertainment company, founded by Lee Soo-man. The company operates a record label, talent agency, travel agency, film production company, music production company, event management and concert production firm as well as a music publishing house. A prominent entertainment company in South Korea, the label is one of the biggest record labels in the K-pop industry.
Once the home to the original Korean idol groups like H.O.T., S.E.S., Fly to the Sky and Shinhwa, the label itself is home to a roster of prominent K-pop recording artists that include BoA, TVXQ, Super Junior, Girls’ Generation, SHINee, f(x) and EXO, where all have achieved domestic and international success. The company also manages a number of actors, including Go Ara, Kim Min-jong, Kim Ha-neul, Lee Yeon-hee and Kim Ian, among others. SM Entertainment also co-publishes Avex Trax releases for Japanese artists such as Ayumi Hamasaki, Namie Amuro, and Koda Kumi, as well as Johnny’s Entertainment acts like Arashi and KAT-TUN.
How To Get There:
1. From Exit 9 of Cheongdam Station, take bus #4419 headed to Apgujeong-dong.
2. Get off after two stops and walk straight (in the direction where the bus is headed to)
3. The headquarters will be on your right directly following the intersection.
1. From the Apgujeong branch, head down the smaller road as if you are headed to the back of the building.
2. Follow that road downhill, passing one school on your left and two on your right until it ends.
3. Turn right and walk down the road for about ten minutes. The headquarters will be on your right side, right after the Riverside Ritzvil apartments.